Wednesday, April 9, 2008

5 Completed Projects

My first RRR Challenge to myself this year was to not buy any new crafty item until I had completed 5 projects with items that I already had at home. This even meant craft glue as I soon learned halfway through the Japan shell project.

Here are the 5 completed projects...


Valentine's Day cards for grandparents.


Shells brought back from Japan now displayed in shadow box.


My Dinner Voila cookbook! The binders, books, and protective sleeves have been sitting around for months and I finally finished compiling them. The cookbook is a collection of Sarah and Cathryn recipes from what seems like another lifetime ago. Now that it's finally assembled I'm having so much fun rediscovering recipes that I haven't thought about for years.


Freezer paper stencil baby gift.


2 Cute Skirts.

It was very satisfying to know I could do it especially when it came to coming up with a glue solution for the shells. There were a few moments while browsing through blogland where I almost forget or was tempted. I held strong and since the completion of the projects this sweet bird stamp is the one item I've purchased so far.



The next item to purchase will be a new pair of sewing shears that I will promptly hide from the kids. I caught Hunter cutting duct tape with my sewing scissors the other day.

1 comment:

kelly said...

love it all! especially that skateboard shirt