Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Surf's Up



I'm a planner, a mother, a day organizer, a list maker... I even list my daily to do list in order. So, it comes as no surprise to me how much control(or the lack of) I hold over my day. I become extremely defensive and ill-tempered if I feel that control has been misplaced or if we've veered from one my lists.

Awakening moment: This weekend I was told by a surfing instructor "Let go and stop trying to control it." Guess what? I did and I had sooooo much more fun. My husband has been telling me for 10 years those same words. Sean you a very wise husband.

An extended family mini-vacation is planned for this week and we'll see if I can put my old/new found wisdom to the test.

p.s. I had a great time learning to surf with my husband who was very calm and encouraging the entire time.

p.s.s. A 4/3 ml wetsuit works wonders in the cold cold ocean.

No comments: