Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Sunshine


The first road trip of the summer started off with Bleu Star and Cajun "City Slicker" hamburgers at the Old West themed restaurant Calamity Jane's. Hamburgers and kid hot dogs were complemented with their famous delicious milkshakes that are blended in an old-fashioned metal shaker and served in tall milkshake glasses. Colleen and I shared an Apple Caramel milkshake with real apple pieces and the kid's bubblegum "bright blue" milkshake sitting on their end of the table stood out in the back in time joint. Just a little bit further up the road is Mountain Air Miniature Golf. We always pass it on our way home from the mountain but have never stopped before. It fit the Calamity Jane themed lunch very well. Gray loved the rusting wagon wheel obstacle on the course. Mountain Air is also some type of landscaping company so the mature greenery was visually pleasing along the course and provided much needed shade from the hot sun. Gray lasted 3 holes, Bryn lasted 10, Sarah and Colleen lasted 14, and Hunter could have played all day. A little panning for gold completed the afternoon before hopping back in the car for the ride home.

I love the first road road trip of the summer! It gets me in the mood for an updated Summer Mixed CD. So, here's my eclectic somewhat chick focused summer mix for 2007:

Summer Sunshine - The Corrs
The second time I've put this song on a summer list because I just can't stop myself.

Ooh La - The Kooks
Favorite song for the Summer of 2007.

Clumsy - Fergie
The song that makes me want to play coy with my husband.

Love Song - Sara Bareilles
She's a newbie for me and I was instantly drawn to her sultry voice.

Lazy Day Afternoon - Plain White T's
Will definitely snap you out of any Lazy Day Afternoon!

Sell Me Candy - Rihanna
Song #2 that makes me want to play coy with husband.

Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's
Great song for a little reflective time during the road trip.

Drive My Car - The Beatles (does it need a link?)
What summer road trip would be complete without this song?

Do you Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
The depressing modern love song.

Silent House - Dixie Chicks
Freebie comfort song.

Puppet On a String - Detroit Cobras
A little surfer.. a little rock... a little 60s house wife gone rock'n'roll. Can't explain it. That's the way it makes me feel.

Leave My Kitten Alone - Detroit Cobras
Another Detroit Cobras freebie.

The Beauty in Ugly - Jason Mraz
In my opinion one of the best musicians around right now. Doesn't hurt that he's smokin' hot. Perfect song for Ugly Betty.

p.s. I recommend checking out "The Con" by Tegan and Sara when it's released on July 24th.

No comments: