Saturday, January 19, 2008

Latest books


I'm very glad that I got around to reading Love In The Time of Cholera. It will be one of those stories that I'll think about now and again. I absolutely refuse to see the movie because there is no way they could film this book and have you grasp the entirety of it in 2 hours. Not sure I would call it a love story but the life stories of two people surrounded by others who care about them but still lost in the world.


I couldn't put The Golden Compass or The Subtle Knife down. However, for The Amber Spyglass I was sorely disappointed in the end. Too many questions left vaguely answered for me. I love authors who create believable worlds and themes however I am sorely disappointed if they continue to write a series and the story line becomes more weak with each book. I do have to say that it was one of the most intriguing and original series I've read in a long long time.


Click is a book written for young adults but I devoured it. The book gets an extra rave review because each chapter is written by a different well-written author and all proceeds went to Amnesty International. There is a strange twist to the story that you know they have to resolve and when they do it took me a few minutes to fully understand. The cool thing was that it was an entirely different author that resolves the twist. It's a little odd but I went with it and truly enjoyed the tale. A book that will sit on the bookshelf for when the kids are teenagers.

Currently reading:
The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex

No comments: