Saturday, January 26, 2008

One of the most exciting times so far as a parent has been to watch my children develop a love for reading. I love watching Gray imitate Bryn and Hunter during reading time and there's nothing like watching a 4-year try and read his older brothers books. Throughout elementary school Hunter has struggled with reading and its always been a chore for him. Of all the things parents deal with a struggling reader was completely unexpected. Even though he still struggles it seems that the desire to read and read and read just clicked one day (just like that. no joke.) and we now have to tell him to put his book down to eat dinner.

So here's what he's reading and loving now....


Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi


Bone 7 by Jeff Smith


Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

1 comment:

devinemom said...

So just yesterday I was listening to my NPR books podcast and they were reviewing Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Honestly I was thinking that I would love to get my hands on it and give it a read. I can't wait until Alena is old enough to dig into books like this.