Thursday, April 17, 2008

When I grow up...


Who grows up and says I'm going to an Elvis impersonator? Cathryn and I flew with this Elvis last year and he was actually very impressive. I've been thinking a lot about what I want to be when I grow up.

Here's what Hunter, Bryn and Gray had to say about their futures.....

My favorite Hunter when I grow up moment was when he told us he wanted to be A Doctor in Space for Aliens. Nowadays it's a Video Game Designer or odd jobs until he raises enough money to open a restaurant.

Bryn has said for as long as I can remember that she'll be a teacher and a Rock Star. A Rock Star that teaches kids their ABCs. Today I caught her singing a Bryn original in her scratchy Rock Star voice, "Save the environmenttttt or they'll be no honey beesssss and no pretty floooowersssss." She froze as soon as she saw my upturned smile. Her song reminded me of the 14-year old Bubird Girls here in Portland. But with a lot less controversy and attitude. But still a teaching message.

Gray is going to be a teacher. But only for first graders.

No comments: